At PhysioExtra we understand the great physical and mental demands that are placed on you as a tennis player, regardless of your age or playing standard. Under stress, it does not take much to push our bodies over the edge into a dysfunctional state.
Our knowledge of sports biomechanics, performance and strength and conditioning enables us to provide a fully comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation service to the injured tennis player. We also work towards avoiding recurrence as well as treating the symptoms.
What Can You Expect from the Tennis Clinic?
All of our therapists can work together with you to figure out your individual goals and expectations, whether it is regarding an injury or general fitness improvements and well being.
- Tennis specific 1:1 personal training for improved stroke production and enhanced performance
- Full biomechanical and postural assessment to identify faulty movement patterns and muscle imbalances related to incorrect technique
- Tennis specific sports massage to optimise mental state and muscle function between training sessions or pre/post matches/events.
- Core stability
- Prehabilitation and injury prevention
- Podiatry, acupuncture and dietetic advice to enhance your performance and recovery as well as pain management
- Hypnotherapy for anxiety.
- Professional injury diagnosis and rehabilitation
- Appropriate tennis specific exercise prescription to avoid recurrence of injury
- Our team of therapists have years of experience in sports injuries, training and playing tennis
- We have great links to tennis coaches in the area and are also happy to work with your own coach to help to improve your game.
Common Injuries in Tennis
- Shoulder impingement and bursitis
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Muscle strains, ligament sprains and tendon problems
- Back pain
- Knee pain.
To find out more about our Tennis Clinic, contact us now; we are here to help you.