A well managed exercise programme in the pre and post-natal period is highly beneficial to both mother and baby. Many expectant mothers are now very aware of this and are actively seeking the professional guidance of a personal trainer in managing an exercise programme that will support and enhance their pregnancy experience.
Pre-Natal Personal Fitness Training
Giving birth requires as much stamina and fitness as running a marathon! With this in mind our Personal Trainers guide our mums-to-be through safe and effective exercises to prepare them not only for the baby’s arrival but also for the exhausting first weeks post delivery. This will allow faster recovery after the birth and help them cope better with sleep deprivation, and get them back to their pre-pregnancy shape sooner.
Pre-natal exercise has plenty of proven benefits some of which are:
- Avoid gaining excess baby weight
- Boost energy levels
- Get back into shape faster following birth
- Improved chances of a shorter, uncomplicated labour
- Improved placental growth
- Reduced risk of back, pelvis and joint pain
- Lower chance of high blood pressure
- Improved sleep patterns
- Improved posture
- Reduced chances of experiencing bladder control problems following labour
Post-Natal Personal Fitness Training
These usually commence after your 6-8 week post-natal check-up. We design a program to get you back to pre-pregnancy shape or better while taking into consideration the lack of energy and sleep deprivation that comes with a new baby!
We recognise that most mothers are keen to get back in shape, drop any baby weight and flatten those abdominals. Our post-natal training specialists are here to help with a step by step approach that will bring you back to full fitness and include toning, conditioning, posture, and pelvic floor exercises. The benefits include:
- Loss of excess baby-weight
- Improved strength and muscle tone
- Switching abdominal muscles back on to develop flat stomach
- Improve pelvic floor strength to avoid birth related incontinence
- Improved sense of wellbeing
- Correction of any postural changes
- Increased energy levels
It’s not always easy to find the space or time to undertake these exercises especially with a new baby to take care of, so we can organise sessions at your home if need be. Contact us now to find out more about Personal Fitness Training for new mothers and mothers-to-be.