We are often a better alternative to clients or their legal representatives who need a medico-legal report than the usual option of approaching an Orthopaedic Consultant or General Practitioners. Chartered Physiotherapists are often in a stronger position to be expert witnesses as we spend more time with clients during rehabilitation and are the experts in musculo-skeletal soft tissue injuries.
At PhysioExtra in Richmond we have a sound understanding of the Medico-legal process and are fully qualified to produce medico-legal reports.
These include assessing a variety of musculoskeletal injuries that have been sustained via a range of accidents including:
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Accidents at Work
- Personal Injury
- Slips, trips and falls
Physiotherapy Expert Witnesses
Evidence suggests that early Physiotherapy rehabilitation reduces chronicity of injuries and is in the claimants’ best long term interests. The opportunity for private physiotherapy is often available once liability is conceded although many clients are unaware of this.
Medico-legal reports from PhysioExtra are a cost-effective option compared to reports from other experts.
We are usually able to assess clients within 7-days and can produce a comprehensive report within the next few days. This will cover prognosis and treatment recommendations together with the following aspects of the clients injury:
- The normality/abnormality of the musculo-skeletal system
- The degree of functional disability and the expected prognosis with particular reference to work and leisure activities
- How this has changed, and is likely to change in the future, as a result of rehabilitation
- Whether further rehabilitation would be likely to have a positive effect
- Where relevant, the degree of pain currently being suffered and likely to be suffered during the rehabilitation programme
- The amount of time and effort that the patient will need to devote to the recovery programme
Contact us now to find out more about how we can help you.