Cycling is a knee-sparing exercise because it does not require impact with the ground. It is also a great low-impact aerobic activity but repetitive pedalling can lead to a variety of overuse knee injuries.
Our cycling clinic is a specialised physiotherapy clinic that deals with cycling injuries and prevention.
- We can use a turbo trainer and with video analysis to observe your technique on your own bike
- We assess your posture, muscle length and training patterns
- Provide a full biomechanical assessment
- Advise on injury prevention ideas, core stability and tips
- Provide you with pre and post-event deep tissue sport massage
As a primary health care provider, we don’t just treat the symptoms! We diagnose, find the cause of the problem or injury and treat it. This will include adjustments to your cycling position, recommendations for a stretching programme.
You can find out more about how we help cyclists on our Cycling Physio page.